Looking for hiking partner Sunday 11/2 in Catskills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HapyHkngSmile

Reaction score
Hello :)

I would like to explore (if any) new snow on some of the peaks in the catskills this weekend. I am open for suggestions on some hikes. I would prefer to begin hiking at ~7am. Looking to do approx 6-10 miles. If you'd like to join me for breakfast first I will be coming from the Phoenicia area and there are two good spots for a warm meal before hitting the trail!

~Hope to see you there~

I may be headed up that way as well if I don't get talked into a hike in northwest Jersey instead. Will you already be up that way or leaving from home? I was thinking about Indian Head and potentially other peaks. also looks like we could potentially meet in Fishkill and carpool from there?

I may be headed up that way as well if I don't get talked into a hike in northwest Jersey instead. Will you already be up that way or leaving from home? I was thinking about Indian Head and potentially other peaks. also looks like we could potentially meet in Fishkill and carpool from there?

Hey there :)

I will be staying in Phoenicia Saturday to Sunday. Indian Head is a good bet. I am flexible - I do like the early starts as the sun will be down early (Fall Back with our clocks this year). We can meet in Phoenicia if you'd like - there is a diner on Rte 28 and there is Brio's in town (I prefer Brio's) for breakfast. We can pool from there or take 2 cars or find a hike that we can shuttle?

Christine :)

if my bathroom reconstruction goes well on Saturday, I may be able to get out there on Sunday. What are you all thinking about doing ? Something requiring snowshoes, skies and/or crampons would be fun.

if my bathroom reconstruction goes well on Saturday, I may be able to get out there on Sunday. What are you all thinking about doing ? Something requiring snowshoes, skies and/or crampons would be fun.

I'm almost thinking I'd like to do Thomas Cole, BH and BD. But my options are open... Suggestions? I don't think we'll need crampons yet - but I will bring my stabilicers and poles :) Looking to be a warm weekend (well warm for this time of year)