Looking for info on Mt Abraham

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had any feedback on your question??

Hello Graybeard;

I was in the Stratton area two weeks ago and have gone scouting the TH for Abraham towards the Fire warden's trail.

I was able to drive on West Kingfield road until the end of the paved road and have gotten not very far after until the start of a snowmobile trail.

I have not ventured further because I was just on a scouting mission for a later attempt. Maybe within the next two week or so??!!

Do you have more info to share or have you attempt to hike the snowmobile trail to see if it connects to the start of the Fire Warden's TH??
You can give me some feedback at :[email protected] as I would like to gather more info on the doability of the summit throught Fire Warden Tr;

Thank you in advance for this precious info.

Serge Massad

Mt Abraham info

I have not been up this year, but hike with a friend who has a camp about 6 mile from the FWT head and he has said the road in from Jordon Lumber in Kingfield in Clear until the pavement ends and then turns in to a SB trail. If you were to Ski in from there it is about 7 miles to the trail head not a bad ski in but make for a long day. I will be heading up that way on the 17th and 18th
Guy

it's been a few years since i've been out there, but 7 miles to the trailhead from the end of the paved road seems awfully long to me. maybe it's about 7 miles total from rt. 27? i can't seem to find the directions i used when i hiked that trail.
have fun either way and please post about how it went. i bet that steep section above the cabin will be a good time. hope to get up there one of these winters.

bryan

Latest posts