Looking for real Kodak film?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Then look no further:

P1020029.JPG

Photo taken in Interlaken, Switzerland, 7/31/2010. I guess someone forgot to take the sign down :rolleyes:

While mama did take the Kodachrome away, she still makes and sells Ektachrome color slide films and a wide variety of color and B&W print films.

Interestingly Amazon still lists three associated "sellers" who are still selling out their remaining stocks of Kodachrome. FWIW, one of those sellers is in Boston. According to Wikipedia there is at least one independent lab in Kansas still processing Kodachrome through the end of 2010. So those die hard Kodachrome photographers better use up their supplies soon. Soon that processing will not be in Kansas anymore.

I dumped my last expired rolls of Kodak film years ago, but recycled any of the packaging that I could. I couldn't see much sense in saving any of that stuff for the potential "collector's value". I know that I still have quite a few Kodalux slide mailers squirreled away somewhere. One of these days when they resurface I will probably recycle them also.

Mohamed, check out this story about the last roll off Kodachrome film produced.

De Niro, Brooklyn, India on last Kodachrome roll

While I like digital, to get real quality, you need analog. Like amplifier's made with tubes instead of solid state, and LP's instead of MP3,s the old school medium is softer, more forgiving.

But, I find it very hard to walk down Lincoln Woods Trail with a turntable. It's the long extension cord that screws me up:D

See you on the trail...Walker

Latest posts