Looks like its a great weekend to visit waterfalls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
When given lemons, make lemonade :)

Here are some nice ones, less visited

Giant Falls and Dryad Falls in Shelburne. A llop can be made up tot Dream lake. Dryad falls trails was relocated away from the falls a few years back but its pretty easy to take a walk down through the hemlocks. There are some stream crossings on his route but given the forecast, getting wet is to be planned for so wade on through.

For the adventurous folks Alpine Cascades in Gorham (accessed from Berlin WWTP) road. This is off trail but mentioned in older guides. The Cascades are in a very tight cleft in the rocks so it dos require some moving around to get views in to the falls. The view down the hydro dam over the former Cascades on the Androscoggin is impressive and there is always a chance with high flow that the river is dumping over the cascades.

Various Randolph water falls - The stream adjacent to Valley Way is nice short trip.

The falls on Pinkham B road, its trail so those future redliners might as well bag it when the water is running.

I expect others will have a few suggestions.

Exactly what I was thinking. Try Thompson Falls out behind Wildcat Ski Area- more impressive than you might expect.
Just east of Grafton Notch State Park ME, Step Falls, as well as the park itself.
Myself due to business in Lancaster am going for a car-hike on Nash Stream Rd. with an umbrella walk to Cranberry Bog Notch. But a visit to Pond Brook Falls may be in order.

What's the saying? No such thing as bad weather, only poor clothing (equipment) choices. I choose my umbrella with appropriate terrain.

....and I was rewarded with a possible new waterfall in Nash Stream yesterday. Could not explore due to conditions and carrying an infant- but will revisit at some point.