Lower Great Range Dec.28-30 Fri-Sat-Sun

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
Lower Great Range Fri-Sat-Sun
Due to a recent change of plans, I’ll be heading up to the Garden for a solo hike again this weekend. Not that I want to do so many hikes solo, it just turns out that way quite often, as happened on 2 of my last 3 planned winter hikes now.

If anyone would like to join me, know that I’m a relatively slow hiker (and sort of old) :rolleyes: , but I’m quite persistent. The plan now is that I’ll drive up Thursday night, and get an early start from the Garden on Friday morning; I‘m aiming for a 7AM start.

I’ll decide what to do when I get there, but I plan to backpack to the JBL area and make base camp before starting on one of 2 or 3 day hikes from that area. Tentative plans are to do UWJ and Armstrong on Friday, then Saddleback, and possibly Big Slide on Saturday.

If you can’t join me on my hikes, please just hike up all those trails the day before I go. :D Thank you…. Thank you very much…

Alistair, It was a "Great" trip! :D I'll post a TR on New Year's Day.
Bubba, thanks for the good luck.

TR is now up!

Gentle Reader,
My trip report is now up on 3 sites, for your reading pleasure.

speed, or lack thereof

I'm sort of slow on the trail, and stop often on the steep parts to catch my breath, or to stop the screaming in my legs. It took me about 4 hours from the OreBed LT to the top of Saddleback. On Saturday, I left the WJ lean-to around 12:30 and summited Armstrong just after 6PM. Long days.... HAPPY DAYS!