Macomb 2/4/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Anyone want to go up the slide to Macomb Saturday? We *MIGHT* consider going on to other peaks (Grace/Carson), if time/weather/legs permit. It would be a group decision, and all would have to agree to continue on.

We (Laurie and I) are starting at 7:00 AM from the parking lot at the end of the road that leads to Elk Lake.

Reekee said:
Hey Tom, does the leanto still exist at the spot where you head off for Macomb via Elk Lake?

It was there in Summer of 2004. After that, I really don't know, but I did see 2 guys backpacking in there a few weeks ago when we re-conn'ed the parking situation.

Reekee said:
Tom, Is the gate now open to drive to the trailhead at Elk Lake? It was closed a few years ago.

It's always closed in Winter, but it's open otherwise, at least I can state that with certainty as of Summer of 2004.

Reekee said:
Tom, Is the gate now open to drive to the trailhead at Elk Lake? It was closed a few years ago.

Tom... I had the same thought when I read your post. The point being that the road is gated in the winter and you (use-ta) not be able to get to the end parking lot in winter.