Maine Appalachian Trail Club winter social - February 24

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
This is a potluck held at the Baptist Church in Freeport. Starts around 5:30ish. This year's main speaker will present a program on Everest. Typically there are a few other speakers with updates on club, trail, Reddington, Katahdin Lake and like issues.

Here's a link to MATC but, as of today, there are no further details.

Got old trail or paddling books, guides etc? Bring 'em for the book sale to raise funds for the club. Last year I bought a 1968 AMC New England Canoe Guide. Hey! a few dams have been removed but the rivers are still where they used to be!

Post here if you're planning on going. I don't intend to cavort with a bunch of Mainiacs wearing pink shoelaces and talking about crocodile eggs! :cool:

Stan said:
I don't intend to cavort with a bunch of Mainiacs wearing pink shoelaces and talking about crocodile eggs! :cool:
Then, who will you cavort with?? (...joke being that this past weekend I just took off a ribbon of pink surveyor tape from the back of my backpack that I had tied on a few years ago!)

Sounds like a good evening. Buy me an old guidebook ;)