Maine Appalachian Trail Club Winter Social - Sat., Feb 20, 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
The MATC Winter Social will feature a National Geographic film on the AT, a short video on the IAT, a presentation on the IAT east of Baxter and a presentation of photographs by Bert Call including early 19th century photos of Katahdin.

This is a potluck, bring your own utensils ... I can vouch that there is some good hardy Maine home cooking at this event.

Socializing starts at 3 PM at the First Baptist Church (no booze), 185 Main St., Freeport just a few blocks north of LL Bean on rt. 1, the AT film starts at 5 PM.

In the past they've had a book sale to raise money (I picked up my favorite paddling guide for $2 here) ... I saw no announcement but I'm bringing some books to donate just in case it's on. There has always been free literature and maps to pick up, especially on the IAT, and announcements from the MATC and state agencies.

Here's a link to the MATC website announcement: MATC Winter Social Scroll to the bottom and there's a link to the MATC homepage.

Count me in for any post-social social at the Broad Arrow Tavern.

This event was all it was billed. It began with a short Flagler Film on the IAT in Newfoundland: alpine zone, 1000 ft. waterfall, icebergs and whales ... if this doesn't inspire a trip plan I don't know what will ...

6+ min. you tube video