Maine(iac) NEHH Day #1! 10/14/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
OK! I'm tired of not being able to do the trips I've been wanting to do so, come hell or high water, I'm goin' out for a doozy of a day on Friday. I don't care what the weather is!!!

The plan is to leave EARLY drive up and climb BOUNDARY PEAK from there, get back in the car and drive to COP SNOW, climb it then get back in the car and drive to the final climb of the day EAST KENNEBAGO. I will be spending the night in Andover.

Can I do this trip this time-wise this late in the season and quite possibly in the rain? Honestly, I have no idea. But, I intend to find out. If I can get just two of them, I'll be happy. If I get all three, I'll be thrilled!

So, is anyone out there up for this adventure?

Sounds like a heckuva trip! I'll be heading up to Acadia on Friday after work. If I had the day off, I'd probably join you. Have a great hike! :D

The plan is to leave EARLY drive up and climb BOUNDARY PEAK from there ...
"from there" is where?

The fastest way to do Boundary is from Canada, unless you are combining it with Whitecap, North Kennebago Devide etc. It's a long drive but it's all paved roads. It took us 2:30 from Oquossuc driving (Pat was driving - I bet you can drive faster :D), but only a bit over 1:10 on foot to the peak (2:15 round trip). See my report. Then you can hit Chain of Ponds Snow on the way back since it's not far off of Rte 27 (it's what I did the same day as Boundary - see the same report).

East Kennebago on the same day - that's pushing it.

Have fun. Let us know how you did.

Last edited:
Papa Bear said:
"from there" is where?.

I'll be driving up to Woburn,QB and heading in from there.

Papa Bear said:
East Kennebago on the same day - that's pushing it.

Yeah, I know. Therein lies the challenge (besides all the driving and getting up and out really early)

Papa Bear said:
Have fun. Let us know how you did.

Will do! :)

Who'se to guarantee you'll actually be there? I was hoping to see you at Vose Spur last Sunday but you never showed! :p

albee said:
Who'se to guarantee you'll actually be there? I was hoping to see you at Vose Spur last Sunday but you never showed! :p

Well, I only had the intention of missing my Dad's B-day and hittin' Vose Spur if my friends were goin' and they both bailed. This, I'm doin' no matter what (provided they let me into Canada)!

Sorry I missed you. :(