Marshall anyone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I am planning on doing Marshall Saturday july 7th if anyone interested. I would probably leave upper works trailhead by 8:00am. plan On going by flowed lands, and if time might go back by indian pass.

I just did this hike in reverse on Saturday (Indian Pass - Iroquois Pass - Marshall - Herbert Brook - Flowed Lands - Opalescent) which is the direction I would recommend.

Here are some pictures to whet your appetite...

http://picasaweb.google.com/HikerGrog/Marshall

Have a good hike.

I like the fact you still had your dog on a leash. I have to admit my dog has only done one high peak with me and she was loose. :( do you have any idea of the total milage and accent? was the path up the brook easy to follow. I know you did it coming down but were there any false paths?

It's about 14 miles and 2600+ feet ascent from Upper Works using the Herbert Brook path. Going thru Indian Pass will add another 400 feet of climbing and maybe a mile (but it is pretty rugged). The herd paths are easy to follow for the most part. There are rock cairns at points where you cross the slide. Both paths (from Herbert Brook and from the height of land in Iroquois Pass) meet just before the summit. If heading down, the left branch goes to Iroquois Pass while the right branch goes down Herbert Brook. The Herbert Brook herd path starts at the foot bridge with rail on one side north of Flowed Lands. The start of the Iroquois Pass herd path is at the height of land and is marked with a large cairn on the south side of the trail.