Marshall, Cliff, Redfield, Skylight, Gray from Upper Works/Uphill Lean-to: 3/6-3/7

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adktyler

Reaction score
Trail Conditions: Marshal was very packed down. The trail follows the brook for about half way up, so mico-spikes/crampons might be very helpful. It has since rained quite a bit, and lots of warm weather has been up there, so Herbert Brook might become unsafe in the near future. Cliff and Redfield are both very packed down, with the rain, however, it is probably soft pack at this point. Skylight is fine as well, and crampons are not really needed, snowshoes should be fine. Gray is broken, but there are a lot of spruce traps. There is a loop trail at this point, the second trail is a better choice. The first trail has some very steep walls, and more spruce traps. Current Upper Works trail is soft pack, with wet, heavy snow. The streams are rising, and if you choose to travel across the Flowed Lands (instead of the on-land route), note that there is lots of water and many, many sink holes in the snow.

Special Equipment Required: Snowshoes ESSENTIAL! The snow has become very soft, and it is possible to post hole even with snowshoes on. I would not recommend bare booting. If you step even a few inches off the main trail, you will sink.

Comments: TR to follow with more details. The conditions are very unique now, so if you want more specific trail conditions and locations, just email me.

Your name: Tyler

Your E-mail address: tjm88 at inbox dot com (I don't usually give this, but you might find specific trail conditions helpful, and I covered a lot of trail this weekend, so feel free to ask!)

Last edited: