marshall route

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I have never been to flowed lands or indian pass, so I would like to do both in one day. If I was to do marshall in a loop, which way would be best way to go? Should I climb from indian pass or flowed lands?

Upper Works trailhead, Calamity Brook trail to Flowed Lands then Herbert Brook herd path to the summit of Marshall.

There is another route from the Indian Pass/Lake Colden crossover trail but that trail was rather rough last I was on it.

Pete_Hickey said:
Really? How long ago was that? It was decent the last time I was there. A bit steep in a few sections, but a relatively easy path.

I was there last September and thought it was decent as well.

route to Marshall

Adk_dib said:
I have never been to flowed lands or indian pass, so I would like to do both in one day. If I was to do marshall in a loop, which way would be best way to go? Should I climb from indian pass or flowed lands?

After doing this route from Indian Pass to Lake Colden one summer day a dozen years ago, I vowed never to do it again. And thus I did it again a few years ago. And also last October from the lake to the pass. I think Flowed Lands -> Indian Pass is a bit better, at least for the knees (up vs. down).

Really? How long ago was that? It was decent the last time I was there. A bit steep in a few sections, but a relatively easy path.

I was referring to the crossover trail, not the herd path, when I mentioned it was rather rough. And this was 20+ years ago. So, admittedly much could have changed in that time.