Massachusetts 50K Historical Hike with Cave Dog, Friday, Nov. 25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Cave Dog will be back in New England tomorrow on the last leg of his Duofold Challenge (hiking at least 50K [31.5] miles in all 50 states in 75 days). On Friday, he will be hiking 33.7 miles thru the Boston area (starting at the Boston Tea Party Ship at 7am, and finishing at Thoreau’s Cabin on Walden Pond around 6pm.). For a more detailed route description CLICK HERE

Cave Dog would love to have people join him for a few miles or the whole thing. He is not speed hiking this route, just will be averaging around 3mph while checking out the beautiful city of Boston and it’s Northwestern Suburbs while passing numerous historical landmarks along the way (heading thru the city/towns of Boston, Charlestown, Cambridge, Arlington, Lexington, Lincoln, and Concord). He is also not looking for any support, just for some company to pass the time. You can meet us at the beginning, at the end, or anywhere in between. You can even bring your bike considering about ½ of this hike will be on bike paths. :)

If you are interested in joining him, please meet us at the Boston Tea Party Ship at 7am on Friday (or somewhere along the way). Since it is the day after Thanksgiving, it’s a great reason to get out and burn off some of those extra calories from your Thanksgiving feast/chowfest! :D

If you have any questions, please post them here or PM me. We hope to see you on Friday!

-Yankee Dog

Saving something for the end?

Hey Yankee Dog -

I guess Cave Dog needs to do an "easy" 33.7 mile hike to save something for the Bob Marshall 14 in a day grand finale on the 28th-29th. :D And snow is in the forecast for the High Peaks this week! :eek:

Have fun!

Solstice Dog

cave dog

i am going to meet the cave dog this morning on the AT in central Vermont.
i will hike with for him 10-12 miles and give him a copy of the wonderful dvd that Sherpa John created. :) :)

Cappuccino Challenge

Janan and I plan to join in on the Boston to Concord hike. Considering the route, I figure there will be a few opportunites to pop in for a quick cappuccino or espresso. Can't do that on just any hike.

:D

cavedog

went looking for the cavedog on the AT.went 10miles out front of him then south on AT.he was a noshow.anyone know if he skipped vt,got sick or whatever. :confused:

cavedog

he either skipped vt or changed plans.who knows the story

We had a fun day and the weather turned out awesome! 10 of us began the hike and 7 finished the whole thing :)

Nice easy day for Cave Dog, who will be finishing up Tuesday in the Adk's with a not-so-easy day. He saved his toughest hike for last...

Drewski, Cave Dog got a slightly late start in VT (and they took a lot of footage at the beginning), but he doesn't know how you missed him if you were heading South. He also found the souvineer that you left for him on the trail, and infact, made one for you, and left it in the same spot. ;)

Last edited: