Mid-Week Hike, Thursday 7/26, Short Notice

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Is anybody interested in a mid-week hike? I'm looking at Cannon and the Kinsmans. I had planned to hike these a few days ago but my plans fell apart. :( For those keeping track of these details, there are three 4K’s and one NEHH in the hike.

I’m planning to hike a loop:

The loop would start from Lafayette Place, hiking Lonesome Lake Trail and probably go up the Hi Cannon Trail to get Cannon and continue south on the Kinsman Ridge Trail over the Northeast Cannonball, North Kinsman, and to South Kinsman. Then, make a u-turn to Fishin’ Jimmy then Lonesome Lake and out. I’ve done this hike before. It’s a long day and the Fishin’ Jimmy Trail is an interesting late-day test.

13 miles, 4,700 feet, 8hr. 50min. (book time estimate)

I hike a moderate pace that is generally around book time. Also, I prefer an early start.

If you’re interested please respond to this thread or by PM and we’ll work out the details.

Sorry for the short notice. ;)

Earl

When you say you prefer an early start can I take that to mean before noon?

Seriously, I may be interested. I don't have Cannon for the summer yet. What time did you have in mind?
-vegematic

I was thinking about arriving at Lafayette Place ~7:30am-ish and heading out.

Does this work for you?

Based on the forecast, tomorrow should be a great day in the mountains. Missing it would be unfortunate.

Earl

7:30?! Oh the brutality!

I'll be there. I come south on I93 so I'll be parking in the lot on the campground side. Maroon Toyota RAV4 with Maine plates.
-vegematic

Great! (I think you're really a morning person.)

I'll be in a Chevy Silverado pickup, beige, 4-door, cap, NH plate. Planning to park in the same area.

See you in the morning.

Earl

B.E. Count me in. I haven't done Hi-Cannon in 40 years, I pissed my Boss off today, and tomorrow's my brithday. Sound like a good idea.

I'll be in a Blue Dodge 1 ton.

Well, Happy Birthday!!! :D

That's great. See you in the morning.

Earl

BIGEarl said:
Based on the forecast, tomorrow should be a great day in the mountains. Missing it would be unfortunate.

Earl

I peaked at the Mt. Washington forecast mid-afternoon and it was 60 degrees with 6 yes that is SIX mph winds from the south. It's reported that tomorrow will be similar.

Tim

bikehikeskifish said:
I peaked at the Mt. Washington forecast mid-afternoon and it was 60 degrees with 6 yes that is SIX mph winds from the south. It's reported that tomorrow will be similar.

Tim

:D :D :D :D :D :D

It looks like we'll have a great day to be out. I may not check the thread again before the hike. If anybody else wants to join in please be at the parking area at Lafayette Place at 7:30am.

Hopefully we'll be heading out as planned.

:)

Last edited:
Darn, I've been in the woods too long (Okay, that's not actually possible.) But I've gotten out of the habit of being on the computer almost all the time. I could have swung this one... Hope you have fun, fun, fun.