Monadnock or Something in central/eastern Mass sat 1/26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
I can't head to the whites this weekend, I am looking to hike something in mass or possibly monadnock this sat.

open to anything really, just looking to get out for a few hours to hike with folks...

I just lost my dog sitter which has tentatively ruined my plans for a Bond/ Zealand Traverse the 26th. If I can't find a way for the pooches to be in good hands while I am up north for the weekend, Monadnock may be a satisfying backup plan.

ok got some interest. thinking some type of loop or traverse. It might make sense to park at the HQ if we have a few cars. I think its 3 bucks a person.

I will post final plans here and start time friday eve and folks can decide to hook up with me or do their own thing. :)

Last edited:
I'd like to do the Pump Ellie trail and come down the Marion and Marlboro trail, to the old tote road...so we could save the $3. Is the parking lot plowed at Pumpellie? Also I realize the road to Marlboro TH is not plowed, is there a parking area near the start of the unplowed section?

Last edited:
Monadnock it is - decided on about a 9am start time. Likely doing pumpelly down marlboro - its possible plans might get shifted a bit...to incorp the spellman trail -

probably about 3 or 4 people going.

Giggy,

Call my cell phone if you get a chance. I have a 10 pm hockey game tonight, but I can probably get up to Monadnock for 9 am if I take it easy on the post-game rehydrating. You will have to almost drive past my house to get to Monadnock.

Woody

php

i heard through the grapevine that they need a post-hole-policeman down there??? whats up with that??? :eek:

Giggy, Thanks for putting this hike together! Had a great time and really enjoyed the relaxing day out with a fun group. Pompelly out was a nice treat with views of Dublin Lake most of the way down and views of Monadnock in the sun looking back. Its a helluva nice ridge run to stretch out on the way down! Excellent day in the woods and not to crowded on our routes! Postholes? - Does off trail watering that vine count?