Monday is now "long sleeve shirt day"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
I'm sure the fellow bushwackers know what I mean. I think after the whole past weekends of bushwacks, lets see

Aug 20 -Spencer's BBQ weekend - Cliff and Redfield (ADKS)
Aug 27 - Santanonis - Couchy, Santa, Panther (ADKS)
Sep 3/4/5- Olderbark, Roundtop, Plattekill (Catskills)
Sep 17/18 - Lone/Rocky, Friday Balsam Cap (Catskills)

All bushwacks, the only non-bushwack peak then was Noonmark on the sunday after Spencer's BBQ and then I did the Suffern-Bear Mountain trail in Harriman on Sep 9th.

Needlesstosay, my legs and arms are all now showing the scars, not really from the ADK "bushwacks" but from Olderbark, Roundtop and Lone, rocky, balsam cap, and friday in the catskills.

I now am going to wear long sleeves on the mondays!! :D

Jay

I have numerous scratches and a number of bruises from the Lone/Rocky/Friday/Balsam Cap adventures this weekend. Did you ever notice how showers hurt after a weekend of bushwack hiking? I have one very large scratch surrounded by a even larger bruise on my left shin. Luckily scrub pants and a lab coat are concealing all of this.

That being said, I am ready for my next go around of bushwacking. Trail hiking? Who needs trail hiking?

Jay H said:
I now am going to wear long sleeves on the mondays!! :D

Jay
That's the most fun part about going to work on mondays! People will love you for your injuries!

-Dr. Wu

C'mon, Jay, Aug 20 & 27 weren't bushwhacks....But the herd paths can scratch ya, for sure.

TMax said:
People at my job have taken to "diagnosing" me due to all the self-inflicted injuries! :D

Tell them you got them from playing with your pet mountain lion! That ought to get you some reactions!

I still have marks on my arms from Plateau and Olderbark! Don't regret it though, that was a fun day regardless of bloodshed and stinging nettles! :eek: ;) :)

Last edited:
funkyfreddy said:
Tell them you got them from playing with your pet mountain lion! That ought to get you some reactions!

nahh. Tell them it's from a sex party that had 7 women, 2 midgets, a case of grapefruit and a goat. I gurantee that they will not ask again.... about anything.

Know what I find? The older you get the longer those scratches seem to take to heal.

I work with a bunch of software engineers, they wouldn't believe the part with the 7 women. They might believe the goats and midgets, but women at parties with engineers would be pushing it. :D

Jay

Pete_Hickey said:
nahh. Tell them it's from a sex party that had 7 women, 2 midgets, a case of grapefruit and a goat. I gurantee that they will not ask again.... about anything.

Know what I find? The older you get the longer those scratches seem to take to heal.

Sounds like something you might find on St Catherine st.