Moonstone - status? out of business?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
- anyone heard anything about moonstone recently??- thier site has been down for a while and I am seeing many of their products ending up on closeout websites, etc..

They are one of my favs for gear - I hope they continue to be around for a while.......

Pacific Trail bought Moonstone and then merged with London Fog, who is in a Chapter 11 reorg. So Moonstone may or may not resurface. Any gear purchased needing warrantee work is being returned to the selling retailer for repair or replacement, apparently. Too bad.

This is sad news. I have a bib that's ten years old and just keeps on truckin'. My wife has a Gore-Tex parka that's the same age and shows no wear.

Light weight, storm-proof, and durable -- it's a rare combination in clothing. Hope they can come back.

yea I knew that - that was a while ago - but moonstone was operating as recently as last fall - b/c I was talking to them about a bag I have by them.

interesting tho. they make decent no frills good stuff, for a decent price.

Whois on www.moonstone.com seems to show the owner of it is "London Fog"

I have seen some stuff from them that looked interesting and a lot of stuff from them on STP over the years...

Jay

yea in fact - they hav some great deals on bags over there right now!!

In fact - I just picked up a bag I don't even really need yet - but the price was too good.

I have there 20 degree minima and love it so much for 3-season use - I just bought the maxima thats rated 0 - for $115, - can't beat that. My current zero bag is on its way out and is old and heavy anyway.

I've enjoyed a few Moonstone products ever since I purchased a pair of winter goretex pants that came in a variety of sizes other than S, M, L, XL, ... their sizes included inseam and waist sizes. At the time many of their products were actually designed by people with outdoor experience and sensibilities and much was manufacturered in Montana.

Once they were sold to a larger company, London Fog I presume, it to a large extent became a designer label slapped on the same products made in China for any number of labels. But you can still find some good products under that label ... it takes a long time to completely kill a name.