Mountain Rescue Pictorial, Humboldt Peak CO

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcborder

Reaction score
That's tough to have someone talking to you and then dying on you. Sounds like he was a popular guy.

Those folks that went in after him were running some serious ava risks. Hats off to them.

I didn't read all of the posts but it seems he was glissading without an axe...

Thanks for posting this story.

Such a sad, sad story. I read through the thread and it seems he was a much loved and very gung-ho hiker who went beyond his level of experience. Very sobering.

The guy that died is a friend of a friend. (I lived in Colorado a while.) I was talking to my co-worker the other day, who is the mother of said friend. Pretty sad story. I guess he and my co-worker's son were planning on Rainier this summer.

bcborder, thanks for the link. This is quite the story and sobering link to the 14er's site, a distant relative to this board. I hope we never have to go through a like situation. :(

Very sad indeed. I like how you can get into the mind of someone trying to look for TalusMonkey though. It's interesting to see what they're thinking and the conditions they have to put up with to get "you" outta there. Hats off to them!

I found the pictures to be very beautiful too, it's a shame they had to be taken under these circumstances.

Fish

Very sad indeed. I could not even right a comment on it this am. I feel for the SAR folks. I'm sure this will stay with them for some time to come.

Latest posts