Mt. Kearsarge (near Concord)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Jennifer and I are planning to visit Kearsarge tomorrow, 4/14. I believe we’ll arrive at the trailhead on Kearsarge Valley Road between 8:30am and 9:00am. The plan is for a round trip via the Lincoln Trail. This should be a distance and elevation of 9.2 miles and 2,100 feet. We’re probably looking at around 6hr. 30min. (give or take a little) for the hike time.

If you’re interested in joining, please respond to this thread or send a PM and we’ll arrange a definite meeting time and place.

Earl

:)

Haven't seen you since last winter and this one's been on my "to do" list for a while. Give me a specific time/ place and I'll meet you two there.
Damon

Thinking about this one. I haven't ever looked into this mountain, but I guess one mountain is as good as another. I posted about maybe getting out to a 4000'er, but if it doesn't work out, might I join you? I'll PM later tonight.

dRitter said:
Haven't seen you since last winter and this one's been on my "to do" list for a while. Give me a specific time/ place and I'll meet you two there.
Damon

Hey Damon, that's great! I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

According to the AMC Southern New Hampshire Trail Guide…

The trailhead parking is on Kearsarge Valley Road, .4 miles north of the intersection with North Road and .4 miles south of the golf course entrance. Evidently, it is simply a turn-out on the side of the road (I assume the east side). The guide also indicates the trail is signed as the Link Trail.

Using I-89 as a point of reference and traveling north from Concord. Take Exit 10 off I-89 and go right off the exit ramp. Head north on Shaker Road a very short distance (perhaps not more than fifty yards) to North Road and turn right onto North Road. Follow North Road .6 miles and turn left onto Kearsarge Valley Road. The turnout should be .4 miles on the right.

It looks like we’ll be leaving the Nashua area around 7:00am. We’ll plan to be at the trailhead parking between 8:30am and 8:45am for a 9:00am start.

I hope the timing is acceptable. Let me know if it needs to be tweaked at all.

See you tomorrow. I’ll PM my cell number, just in case.

Early Bird said:
Thinking about this one. I haven't ever looked into this mountain, but I guess one mountain is as good as another. I posted about maybe getting out to a 4000'er, but if it doesn't work out, might I join you? I'll PM later tonight.

Of course. Happy to have you hiking with us. I'll check later tonight and/or tomorrow morning for a PM to confirm. Also, it looks like you are in Nashua too. If you would like to carpool we have lots of room. Let me know.

Earl

:)