Mt. Mansfield, VT Saturday, July 2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amstony

Reaction score
In our continuing quest for the NE 67, Alpinista and I heading to Mansfield on Saturday July 2. We'll be using the Sunset Ridge Trail, 6.6 miles rt, about 4.5 hours book time. A good portion of this trail is above treeline, which should make for nice viewing. According to The Day Hikers Guide to the Mountains of VT, (Jared Gange), this is probably the finest (or close to) :) the finest trail in VT according to the book.

We'll be at the trailhead in Underhill State Park between 9:30 and 10:00. Your welcome to come along.

IMO, you are starting that hike way too early. :rolleyes: The name of the trail says it all. Hike it at sunset if possible. It is an awesome view of the sun setting over Lake Champlain and the Daks. Definitly one of the best sunset views in all the Northeast mountains. Have a great time.

- darren

ps: in case anyone is interested in that trail, MichaelJ is planning to hike it during the Gathering in Sept. Hopefully we will be doing it at sunset then.

darren said:
IMO, you are starting that hike way too early. - darren

ps: in case anyone is interested in that trail, MichaelJ is planning to hike it during the Gathering in Sept. Hopefully we will be doing it at sunset then.

I know :( , Unfortunately, gotta go when you can! :) It'll be there for a future "sunset" hike, perhaps in September with MichaelJ??

Bummer aboutmissing sunset, but I understand. This photo was actually taken on the Sunset Ridge Trail at sunset. As you can see, it is a lot of fun. :D

Seriously, it was one of my most fun hikes. Awesome views to the West. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

- darren

You didn't doctor the sunset in that photo too, did you Darren? ;)

Well, this time, we won't hit it at sunset, but I'm planning on doing it again during the Gathering.