Mt Washington Snow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really interesting article. Thanks for sharing that. Strange that the Obs is having a down year, snowfall-wise, while Conway and Concord are having banner years.
My friends in the Burlington, VT, area, say that they've had a down year, too. It seems like there's a swath from the southern Whites through Manchester, NH, that's getting the abnormally large snowfalls (respective to local averages).

I live in Bedford, due west of Manchester. Before the warm and rain and after the last dumping, 28" was a common reading in my back yard. I had to shovel 2-3 feet of snow off the plow banks at the end of my driveway to drive out safely in the AM.

I work in Nashua, 16 miles south of here. Before and after the last storm, there were plenty of lawns at 90% clear. The snowbanks are 10-25% of the size here.

Yesterday, I went to Boston for the day. By Chelmsford, you couldn't find a snowbank, and the only snow was on the north facing embankments. By Bedford, MA, the only place I saw snow was the plow piles in the shopping area parking lots.

At the end of last year I struggled with the decision to change the oil in the snowblower. This year, I'm almost through a 6-gallon jerry jug of gasoline and I will need a replacement drive wheel in the self-propel mechanism as the old one is wearing out.

Tim

bikehikeskifish said:
I live in Bedford, due west of Manchester. Before the warm and rain and after the last dumping, 28" was a common reading in my back yard. I had to shovel 2-3 feet of snow off the plow banks at the end of my driveway to drive out safely in the AM.

I work in Nashua, 16 miles south of here. Before and after the last storm, there were plenty of lawns at 90% clear. The snowbanks are 10-25% of the size here.

Yesterday, I went to Boston for the day. By Chelmsford, you couldn't find a snowbank, and the only snow was on the north facing embankments. By Bedford, MA, the only place I saw snow was the plow piles in the shopping area parking lots.

At the end of last year I struggled with the decision to change the oil in the snowblower. This year, I'm almost through a 6-gallon jerry jug of gasoline and I will need a replacement drive wheel in the self-propel mechanism as the old one is wearing out.

Tim

Tim, you want to swing by my house and clear my snowbanks? That's a problem for me. Last year, I put 4 hours on my snowblower. This year, 23 hours. I have already changed my oil once this winter.

As for snow on Washington, maybe it's all blowing off and landing in Conway? I do know that by early January, we had a lot more snow in Bedford than there was in Berlin.

Last edited: