My final ADK 46

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmus

Reaction score
Moved from thread http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?p=149886#post149886
cantdog said:
Timmus has changed the date for her big day/night to the Saturday before and just hasn't posted here yet.

Thanks Julie.

Yes, I changed the date of my final ADK 46 for Saturday August 12th. Still Big Slide, still summitting at sunrise. The meeting will be around 3am at the Garden parking lot. PM me for more info.

You are ALL welcome, this is a very special way to finish a list and I think it's going to be amazing for everyone. (Will be postpone in case of rain)

Julie Marie-Soleil Timmus

timmus said:
Moved from thread http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?p=149886#post149886

Thanks Julie.

Yes, I changed the date of my final ADK 46 for Saturday August 12th. Still Big Slide, still summitting at sunrise. The meeting will be around 3am at the Garden parking lot. PM me for more info.

You are ALL welcome, this is a very special way to finish a list and I think it's going to be amazing for everyone. (Will be postpone in case of rain)

Julie Marie-Soleil Timmus
FYI, you will have a cooperative large moon to help you, and, if this works out, you will also get to see the Perseid Meteor as you hike! But don't look up too much, or you will fall off a cliff! :eek:

Bon chance, we can't make it, but it sounds like a good one! :D

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested I am hoping to be free to do Big Slide on this day as a bushwhack. I havn't determined (or even looked at) the route yet but obviously I won't make the summit for sunup. Nevertheless it would be as early a start as is feasable.

If you would like to join me let me know.

Congrats on your final sumit. How do you feel about it? What is next?

Julie - Sounds like you picked a winner to finish on. I finished there in '97. I then proposed to my (then) girlfriend 2 minutes later (it was planned by me and my friends, unbeknownst to her). The jokes were endless "....Rick, They named this peak after the first person who ever proposed to another or "Rick, Its all downhill from here, or it just seems like it..."

But seriously, I (and my wife :D ) wish you a wonderfule 46th finish!!!

Puck said:
Congrats on your final sumit. How do you feel about it? What is next?

I just realized today that your questions never got an answer... So here it is :

I feel pretty good about it, it's a big accomplishment for me. Next is the rest of the 115 list (50 left), and the 46W.

I take the opportunity to invite everyone who is interested. The weather forecast is looking good, so meet us at the Garden parking lot at 3:00am saturday morning for a very unique hike with Timmus and friends.