N and S Kinsman via Mt Kinsman, Kinsman Ridge, Oct 23, 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Mt Kinsman Trail: herpath well defined from new parking area. About one quarter of a mile in, stay on ill defined path with yellow flagging tape -- joins former trail a few minutes beyond. Avoid following well defined path at this jct that is flagged in red. :)

No ice anywhere on Mt Kinsman Trail.

Kinsman Ridge Trail: ice begins at intersection and continues to North Kinsman. Microspikes advised.

No ice encountered between N and S Peaks.

Equipment: microspikes

Distance/Difficulty:
10 miles roundtrip. A few minor scrambles on approach to N Kinsman. Otherwise, all easy grades.

Notes: The Mt Kinsman Trail was a redline for me today and its a trail I will definatley use again, much quieter than the approaches from the Notch, gentle footing and pretty woods. Great views out to the valley in the West. I didn't make it to Eagle Bluff today, as I got a late start (1:30) and wanted to be back at my car before dark. ( I was :p). Fun solo hike with the pupster.
Met some Canadians working on the NH4ks as well as two other guys from Rhode Island. Other than that is was a quiet friday afternoon in the K's; just a few people out trying to squeeze in hike before the rain saturday like me, I guess.

Round two 38/48 :D

Pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37142&id=1049077637&l=b5488379a4

Last edited:

Latest posts