National Trails Day 2008

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
Did any of the folks participate in national trails day?

I attended the RMC event and there was a total of 5 folks, 4 locals and one person from Glen that joined us, as the AMC event at Dodge was full.

My general observation is that the event was not as well publicized this year. Sponsor fatigue?

Maybe the weather and bugs impacted participation?

Silentcal, my sister and I were out working our section of the Wildcat Ridge Trail with the appreciative help of Getawaygirl and Trailtrotter. HOT, HUMID, SWEATY....oh, and I learned that parking a car in the sun on a 90+ degree day and leaving a stick of deoderant in said car will MELT the deoderant. The second thing I learned......don't USE melted deoderant (not unless you like scrubbing your armpits for 10 minutes in the shower :eek: :D )

Brian

I usually do actual trail work that day, but with recovering broken finger I just went to the dedication of the Cross-Rivendell Trail with about 50 others.

I think some of the corporate sponsors of NTD are getting donor fatigue, but for those who just want to hike/work there were plenty of opportunities.

Ahhh. I guess I did this year. Usually, the 46ers trailwork days do no coincide with National Trails Day. Usually, we work the weekend before and the weekend after. This year, they match. Probably due to the early memorial day this year.

I had a good crew with me doing a blowdown sweep on Dix.

We put in a 50' relocation on the Twinway (our adopted trail) and finished cleaning the drainage....