Need a post-hiking activity? Live music near the Whites 7/3 and 7/16.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Unstrung Harp

Reaction score
Hey folks - I hope it is okay to post this. Mods, feel free to delete. I just figure a lot of you live around these areas, and I know a lot of you are into live music. Maybe this would be of interest/pertinent for those looking to get off your feet after a long day of trekking.

My Gypsy jazz/acoustic world dance music trio has two upcoming shows in hiker territory:

Tonight, July 3, 2010 in Bristol NH at The Mill Ice Cream and Fudge Factory
http://www.themillfudgefactory.com/tickets.aspx

July 16, 2010 in Intervale (just out of No. Conway) at Theater in The Wood
http://www.believeinbooks.org/Theater.html

Give a listen at www.ameranouche.com if you like. It's really energetic, melodic, and the band even has its "Best Of NH" stamp. It would be too cool to see any of you there!

I'm planning to hike something short on July 16 and a full day on July 17 as well, and am always open to ideas, suggestions and/or company.

ameranouche.jpg

Wow, thanks for the PMs and thanks Una. Awesome night at The Mill Fudge Factory last night. I definitely recommend this place to the Moosilauke/Cardigan area folks; I didn't try the fudge, but the food and ice cream there is excellent and quite reasonable.

Una, we are in Cambridge MA on 7/21 as well... :)

Thanks for the heads up!

I just sampled some of your music and it is great! Just what I need to stay "Awake" on my drives home from NH. I will definitely visit CD Baby soon. I'd love to catch your show at the Regatta Bar on 7/21, but I have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house for night out there. I bet your gig in Bristol was much cheaper venue. :rolleyes:

That's problem with music (and sports for that matter) in Boston area. It just costs too darn much.

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, Regattabar tix are only something like $14. Pretty reasonable for Boston, no?! http://www.getshowtix.com/regattabar/moreinfo.cgi?id=2024
(It says $14 here, but there is sort sort of service charge thing; I believe it basically works out to be around $16.)

Tell ya what, Jazzbo -- if you go to the Regattabar show, and don't feel you got your money's worth, I will personally refund your ticket. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, Regattabar tix are only something like $14. Pretty reasonable for Boston, no?! http://www.getshowtix.com/regattabar/moreinfo.cgi?id=2024
(It says $14 here, but there is sort sort of service charge thing; I believe it basically works out to be around $16.)

Tell ya what, Jazzbo -- if you go to the Regattabar show, and don't feel you got your money's worth, I will personally refund your ticket. :)

Humm ... yes that is cheaper than the average gig at Regatta Bar. I'll tell you what. You can autograph my CD. :D

I hear there will be a certain Fool handing out free ice cream sandwhiches on Moosilauke Saturday. :D It is probably going to be super crowded on the summit...which is good since I don't want to carry the darn things down with me...errr I mean I suppose that Fool would not want to carry them down from there that is. ;)

Brian

:) Maaaybe. I am thinking I'll be so close to the Presidentials, etc though that I may just hike right around there.

I am eying the Ammo Ravine - AT - Jewel loop over Monroe and Washington starting from the Cog. Is it better to do it in the other direction? Anyone know how much it is to park there for the day? Bonus question, anyone know if parking there is shady?

On the other hand, Monroe was so incredible last time I was there...at sunset... maybe I shouldn't go override my good memories with the crazy crowds that I am sure I'll find there...

Ammo trail is steep, Jewell more mellow. So it is up to preference which you like to do on the ascent, steep or more mellow (and conversely which you like for the descent :p ). I don't remember how much it is to park at the Cog lot, but I think it is only a few dollars. You might be able to find some shade in the lower lot, but probably not an all day shade. :)

Crowds have their place...like when someone wants to selfishly horde karma points for himself by feeding complete strangers any manner of frozen treats. :D

Brian

Hmmm....Sounds like I'll instead be doing something near...Barnes Field! Decisions...alas...who knows.

It was a pleasure meeting you Unstrung--what did you end up hiking? we had a kick-ass time in Kings Ravine...it was a perfect day to appreciate the ice caves!

When are you playing at the the Regattabar?

FYI there is Toad in North cambridge that is devoted to music. No cover and there is a show at 7 and at 10 every day of the week (except no 7 show on fridays--everyone plays cribbage then).

Cheers, truancy

I like the music.

I see you are coming to RI on August 12th, will try to make it to the show.

Latest posts