need gear?? - Decathalon Sports - going out of business

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggy

Reaction score
just a FYI

Not sure if this is appropriate, but wanted to give folks a heads up on gear deals and I found out about this by sheer chance if the mods think it should be deleted - thats fine too.

Decathalon (massachusetts only??) sports is going out of business and basically liquidating their stock -I had no clue they had camping, hiking and climbing gear - but they do and its going cheap.

http://www.decathlon-usa.com/

I was in there over the weekend and was kind of suprised to see the decent selection of what they had - for example:

tubbs snowshoes
black diamond climbing stuff, harnesses, rock pro, carabiners, etc..
North face gear (soft shell for less then 100 bucks I saw)
Cannisters for stoves, all sorts of backpacking gear, straps,
Freeze dried meals, mountain house, etc..
Gu, power bars. etc
base layer underwear, etc..
Hikign poles for 7 bucks (not leki, but might be ok?)

I was quite shocked at what they had - worth looking into. Its not REI, but some nice cheap stuff there.

They have their own brand of stuff (queechee?) that "looks" good, but who knows, this brand is dirt cheap there - fleeces like 10 bucks.

They had a Nashua, NH store that closed down a few years ago. Was a farily decent place. Got some good deals when it closed.

Too bad about the employees, more jobs down the drain.

The last phrase in the last sentence sounds political, especially when there are so many signs that we have never lived through better economic times: 12 million illegal aliens risking life and limb to get American jobs, stock market at all-time high; pension funds awash with cash, etc.

jjmcgo said:
The last phrase in the last sentence sounds political, especially when there are so many signs that we have never lived through better economic times: 12 million illegal aliens risking life and limb to get American jobs, stock market at all-time high; pension funds awash with cash, etc.
I'm sorry, even though I can't speak for Quietman, I think you're reading into his post too much, and retorted with a real political post. I think he just wants to say that people losing jobs suck.
Anyway, I'll shut up before putting my two cents about your comments.

Loosing your job sucks!!

No geopolitical statement was implied..

But...I definitely would not judge the health of the economy by the Dow index. Many are predicting a major downturn soon. State of the market

But I'm off topic.
So for the moderators ;)

Seeing the first snowfall of the year.....Great
Spending last weekend with my father, brothers, and sons...Wonderful
Wandering around for 4 hours on Stratton Mtn after taking the wrong trail....Free!! :rolleyes:

<Mod Hat>
Thanks for posting about the store closing and opportunity to buy gear for cheap. There doesn't seem to be much more relevant to this website to say about this so I'm going to close this thread. Happy bargain hunting.

-dave-
</Mod Hat>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts