Nettles

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianChris

Reaction score
Anyone been bushwacking lately?
Dumb question, I know...;)
What is the stinging nettle situation like? Are they out to kill us yet or is it kinda early in the seaon?
Thanks.

Just got back from a Catskills whack.
Nettles between calf to knee high in some places. Seem to be in the pre-sting stage though.

Thanks. It's when they get above the knees that they get real annoying :eek:

Tom - plan on doing a counterclockwise loop from Beaver Kill Parking lot to DubbelTop :)D), Graham and then to meet you guys at tower. Startin' early - hope to be at tower between 11 and noon. Feel free to join.

Well, as far as nettles go...didn't see one yesterday on my hike. I was in some pretty wet territory too but I guess it's too early in the year. Get out there now if you want to avoid them.
What there is plenty of though are those black flies. Couldn't sit still for a minute. Not much of a breeze either.

Well, as far as nettles go...didn't see one yesterday on my hike. I was in some pretty wet territory too but I guess it's too early in the year. Get out there now if you want to avoid them.
What there is plenty of though are those black flies. Couldn't sit still for a minute. Not much of a breeze either.
They are still below the knees, but growing fast!