New Long Trail record

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowflea

Reaction score
On Friday, 9/11, Jonathan Basham broke Ted "Cave Dog" Keizer's record for traversing the Long Trail (supported) by 29 minutes. He completed the trail in 4 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes. Cave Dog's time was 4 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes.

Until last year Basham held the Colorado Trail speed record.

Hopefully a more detailed report will be coming soon:
http://team.inov-8.us

On Friday, 9/11, Jonathan Basham broke Ted "Cave Dog" Keizer's record for traversing the Long Trail (supported) by 29 minutes. He completed the trail in 4 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes. Cave Dog's time was 4 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes.

Until last year Basham held the Colorado Trail speed record.

Hopefully a more detailed report will be coming soon:
http://team.inov-8.us

Percentage-wise, this record breaking is about twice that of KTilton over Farmer on the Pemi Loop (i.e., 29 min faster than old 6555 mins LT record, vs 1 min faster than old 425 mins PL record). :cool:

Holy Cow!

Next thing you know they will be testing these amazing people for steroids, or power gels, or whatever!

Is it me, or does it sound like a lot of records are being broken these days...

;)

Did he ride the ferry? That's probably my biggest question. Also, do you think he ran any parts of the trail?

That's pretty fast. Congrats to him. Now, in response to Christine, I wonder when the big record (NH48) is going to be challenged and by whom!? It's stood for a while now! Tim Seaver? Farmer? Charles? Bon Scott? Oh, he's dead. Anyone? :)

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
I wonder when the big record (NH48) is going to be challenged and by whom!?-Dr. Wu

I have a feeling we might have seen an attempt this summer if it wasn't so wet. I know that Andrew Thompson recently expressed interest in going after it, and he certainly has the stuff to pull it off.

Hopefully next summer will be dry and fast!

I have a feeling we might have seen an attempt this summer if it wasn't so wet. I know that Andrew Thompson recently expressed interest in going after it, and he certainly has the stuff to pull it off.

Hopefully next summer will be dry and fast!
There certainly has been the spirit of competition floating around recently! Let's hope it continues!

-Dr. Wu

Latest posts