"No Way Down": WSJ book review on K2 tragedy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sebastian Junger is not a fisherman or a weatherman nor was he in the North Atlantic at the time but he wrote a compelling, accurate and honest book called "A Perfect Storm". It would seem that whether the author is or is not a climber is immaterial. What matters is that (s)he gets it right. A non-climber would not have pre-conceived ideas and prejudices that a climber would/could have. I've read several articles about the tragedy and many of the climbers were shown to be very self-serving and some were outright liars.
I have not read the book but I plan to do so. Thanks for the link to the review and noting the book's availability.

JohnL

Sebastian Junger is not a fisherman or a weatherman nor was he in the North Atlantic at the time but he wrote a compelling, accurate and honest book called "A Perfect Storm". It would seem that whether the author is or is not a climber is immaterial.

I have not read the book but I plan to do so. Thanks for the link to the review and noting the book's availability.

JohnL

Very much agreed.

And Chip, thanks for posting this notice -- the book sounds pretty cool.

I read the Ed V book mentioned in the review, it had plenty of criticism for the participants

Latest posts