Northern Forest Canoe/Kayak Trail Opens June 3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
There was a recent thread about trails using old Indian routes. As I thought about trails, I could only come up with waterways that had Indian names; the majority of rivers here do. Here's a long-distance (740-mile)canoe trail that stitches together old Indian water routes from NY to ME, including Quebec. No hiking allowed! Unless you count the 55-miles of portage on the entire route. Here's the NFCT website.

NFCT - slide show Tues. p.m. @ REI Framingham

Go to the News page of the NFCT web site and you'll see that NFCT is putting on a free slide show at the REI on Cochituate Road in Framingham, MA, tomorrow night at 7 p.m. Tramper Al, known to some of you, may be part of that.

Waumbek said:
There was a recent thread about trails using old Indian routes. As I thought about trails, I could only come up with waterways that had Indian names; the majority of rivers here do. Here's a long-distance (740-mile)canoe trail that stitches together old Indian water routes from NY to ME, including Quebec. No hiking allowed! Unless you count the 55-miles of portage on the entire route. Here's the NFCT website.
I did the entire NY section, plus an extra 30 miles last July in a Hornbeck canoe. Great trip. If anyone is serious about doing this section PM me.

Last edited: