'old style' MSR Evo Ascents available...for now

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
The Mountaineer in Keene, NY has a supply of the old style MSR Evo Ascents. With the announcement by MSR that this model was to be discontinued, they contacted MSR and the company made up a special batch for the store. If you like the model and concerned about it's phasing out, give them a call as they have them in stock for however long it lasts. Great store and terrific supporter of all things back country. (518) 576-2281.
I have no connection with the store other than being a long time customer.

The Mountaineer in Keene, NY has a supply of the old style MSR Evo Ascents. With the announcement by MSR that this model was to be discontinued, they contacted MSR and the company made up a special batch for the store. If you like the model and concerned about it's phasing out, give them a call as they have them in stock for however long it lasts. Great store and terrific supporter of all things back country. (518) 576-2281.

The website appears to be having some issues, but there were some available last time I checked.

BTW: MSR's customer service is phenomenal. They sent me free replacement bindings for my well-loved Denalis. When they arrived I was disappointed that they were the same 2 strap over the foot binding found on the Evos rather than the Evo Ascents. I sent an email to the representative I spoke with and he insisted I keep the Evo bindings and shipped out the Evo Ascents bindings that day. No charge, no shipping fee, no hassels.

I only wish I had known about the Mountaineer before purchasing the lower tier Evos as a back-up for my Ascents.

Z :D

The Mountaineer

The Mountaineer is one of the nest kept secrets in Keene Valley! It's been there for almost as long as I've been going up there and the service is the best! Great guys with great advice for the High Peaks trekking.

Backcountry.com has 25% off snowshoe's and accessories. I opted for the Revo Ascent and saved $25 over the cost of the Evo Ascent. In the end I opted to take advantage of the "latest and greatest" and hope for the best! :)