Open for company - North Moat and Red Ridge Sat 5/16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
Looks like the weather is going to hold off tommorow (Saturday). I plan to make the loop up North Attitash and down RedRidge from Diana's Bath, shooting for an 8 AM start at the trailhead. If anyone would care to join me PM me or see you at the trailhead.

I hike a slow to average but consistent pace and also supply plenty of "color commentary":D. A local with a 115 patch told me that the Moat's traverse was basically snow free two weeks ago, so I hope he was right. I expect the water crossing up from Dianas bath will be interesting as well as the crossing below red ridge. I expect the black flies will be out, so long leisurely breaks may not be an option. The goal is to get back to the car around 3 PM.

I have a Black Honda civic. (Diana's bath is a WMNF parking fee site). A significant change in the 5 AM obs weather forecast for the day may entice me to cancel.

I went up North Moat last Friday and it was snow free except for one spot below the last steep pitch before the summit. It's probably gone now. The stream crosings weren't to bad. The one on the Moat Mt. trail can be crossed on a down log.

Enjoy your trip.