Osprey Stratos 40 pack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
One of my packs is an Osprey Atmos 35 panel loader. Terrific pack, carrys well, comfortable and lightweight.
The ventilated mesh back panel keeps my back dry in all conditions and I suspend 3 liter camelbak behind the mesh and don't use up pack space.

Looking for another pack for a hiking trip next Summer. The Osprey Stratos 40 is a little larger, has the same mesh back panel, but is a top loader which is what I'd like this time. One feature I haven't been able to determine from the pack's online specs, photos or reviews is the Stratos 40 is described as having an external zipper that provides access to the main bag. For me this is a biggie if its effective.

Anyone have this pack and can describe how the pack is accessed from the top and externally from this zipper?
Otherwise, I can speak with the Osprey rep next week.

Thanks

Alan,

I have one... The top has a zippered compartment, with a "security" zippered compartment inside that. This forms some amount of the total Ls that can be carried. This top section snaps, via two straps, over the top of the top-loading opening, which is cinched with a drawstring. On your left side as you wear the pack is a 3/4 length zipper, which has a flap to cover it when the cinch straps are pulled in tight. You have to reach down a ways to get at the bottom through the zipper.

Does that answer you question?

I really like the pack... it was an upgrade from the Osprey 32, which broke, and it can hold enough stuff for lighter-weight winter travel. It's a bit empty in mid-summer, but does cinch up well when lightly-loaded.

Tim

pack

just my two cents , not that is needed ..but got my new osprey 35 this summer, was like heaven first time i put the thing on...so comfortable...as of now would buy anything with this style ..straps are perfect and back mess is great....just my two cents:) :D

Tim's post and PM to me and my experience with owning 2 other Osprey packs all headed me in the right direction. Ordered the Stratos 40 at EMS on sale Saturday morning.
Thanks guys.

Alan