Ouch!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another possibility would be one of the gullys on Webster.

Central Couloir contains a good supply of volleyball-sized rocks. And a grade steep enough for them to go a long way. When we did it, we stayed close together so that anthing that we knocked loose wouldn't pick up too much speed until it was below us.

Doug

It was the Frankenstein Cliff Trail:

Heads up for Mass. hiker after collision with rock
By O’Ryan Johnson

A Westwood woman said she must have a hard head, after a volleyball-sized rock fell 15 feet and smashed into her skull Sunday, but left her with only three stitches.

``I do a lot of climbing,'' said Karen Renzi, 44, a human resources manager who went camping with five friends over the holiday weekend. ``This was just one of those freak things that happens.''

Renzi said she and her crew were about a half-mile up a trail on Frankenstein Cliff in Crawford Notch State Park Sunday when she stopped with a friend to take a break.

Another friend climbing 15 feet above them grabbed a loose rock that started a shower of smaller stones falling.

Renzi guesses that after the stone hit her, she lost consciousness for 10 seconds, and fell about 3 feet, wrenching her back. Paramedics carried her down the mountain and she was treated at Memorial Hospital in North Conway.

``They checked me out . . . I'm fine,'' she said. ``I must have a hard head.''

Renzi said she'll return to the mountain as soon as her back heals.

Hello, I am fine!

A friend referred me to this site....thank you so much for your concern and well wishes. I am recovering nicely....I am very lucky. It was Frankenstein
Cliff Trail. It took 15 rescuers over 2 hours to get me down. The rescue team was unbelievable, - its all volunteer so if you are in Bartlett, NH, feel free to give a donation to the Bartlett/Jackson rescue team at the Bartlett Fire Dept. (past the Red Parka Pub). We did!!!
Also, the Memorial Hosp. in N. Conway was amazing. The doctors and nurses were the best. They did everything right - confirmed by my doctors in Boston.

Thanks again. Happy trails..we'll be back soon.

Kitty

Kitty said:
A friend referred me to this site....thank you so much for your concern and well wishes. I am recovering nicely....I am very lucky. It was Frankenstein Cliff Trail. It took 15 rescuers over 2 hours to get me down. The rescue team was unbelievable, - its all volunteer so if you are in Bartlett, NH, feel free to give a donation to the Bartlett/Jackson rescue team at the Bartlett Fire Dept. (past the Red Parka Pub). We did!!!
Also, the Memorial Hosp. in N. Conway was amazing. The doctors and nurses were the best. They did everything right - confirmed by my doctors in Boston.Thanks again. Happy trails..we'll be back soon.
Kitty

Thanks for writing in, Katy, and it's good to hear you're doing OK and will saddle up again. Also nice of you to let others know to whom and how to say "thanks" for your rescue.