Outdoor company "Wild"?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikingfish

Reaction score
Montreal, Qc, Canada Avatar: Top of Gothics, Adk
Hi,
I've been shopping for an expedition type backpack for a long while now and I think I've spotted a nice bag that will be a good replacement for my now-too-big Amadir II Jack Wolfskin: the Killarney Ridge from Wild. Oddly enough though, it looks identical to my Amadir II, although it is made by a company called "Wild". I cannot seem to be able to find their website though(googled it and it didn't return their homepage).

I was wondering if anyone had heard about them and anyone has a link to their website?

Thanks!

Fish

Check this outWild Pack

It looks like it's a sub brand of Eureka

"The WILD Pack Program offers a step up in fabric, fit & features to the line of
EUREKA!"

giggy are you sure you want a Jansport? Me I d stick to Gregory or Dana designs for a big pack.

I am not in the market for a pack at all - but when out west - the RMI guys were using them and I think eddy visteirs designed it. that model loooked pretty sweet to me - never had any of the stuff - so don't know about the rest of their stuff. not saying b/c RMI uses it its great - but....it can't be total crap.

I think it will be my next big pack tho.

check it out

JanSport® becomes the “Official Backpack of RMI”

APPLETON, WI – JanSport and Rainier Mountaineering Inc. (RMI) announce a partnership agreement today that JanSport will be the “Official backpack of RMI” for the calendar years 2004 – 2005..

JanSport provided prototypes to the RMI Guides to use on the JanSport Rainier Dealer seminar May of 2003. The reaction to the product was positive. “The guides felt the JanSport product was superior to others that we have tested this year”, said Peter Whittaker, COO of RMI.
The chosen packs for the RMI Guides are the Endeavor 8000 Pro and the Endeavor Summit 45. Both packs have been developed with the input of long time Rainier Guide and America’s leading high-altitude mountaineer, Ed Viesturs.

JanSport will provide 70 RMI Guides with product to be used while guiding on all RMI trips. With this relationship JanSport will receive feedback on product tested and be provided product ideas.

JanSport and RMI have had a long-standing relationship since 1971 when Skip Yowell and Murray Pletz, JanSport co-founders, signed up for the first winter seminar on Mt. Rainier, guided by Lou Whittaker. Impressed with Lou Whittaker’s abilities and knowledge, Skip and Murray hired Lou in 1972 to help promote, design and test gear. In addition to the long-standing relationship, RMI is also the premier guide service in North America. RMI employs more guides with high elevation mountaineering experience than any other guide service, including the highest peaks in Nepal, Europe and South America.

1972 was also the year JanSport began its Mt Rainier annual dealer seminar. It has been an on going JanSport event for 31 years and still going strong. For the past 31 years JanSport has taken 700 + outdoor enthusiasts on a lifetime adventure up Mt. Rainier. There will be a 32nd annual trip in June of 2004.

Last edited:
Quietman, Suebiscuit: Eureka! Pun intended.

I'm still amazed at how hard it was to find info on these packs. Unless my searches were way off...

I guess it'd be fair to ask if anyone ever used their packs before and if they were satisfied? Of course I looked at Dana Design and the likes, but they are a bit too expensive for me right now.

Thanks a lot folks!

Fish