Owl's Head Eastern Bushwhack Beta?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure there must be info somewhere on this site about this, and I'm just not very good at finding the right search terms. Anyway, I'm interested in any beta on bushwhacking the eastern flank of Owl's head.

I've found a map that shows this bushwhack heading basically due east off the summit, and staying just north (presumably up out of the drainage) of the central of the 3 water courses that the AMC map shows on the east side of Owl's Head. For those that have done it, is there actually a fairly obvious trail at this point, or is it still a full on old school bushwhack? Does it actually start descending due east directly from the summit as the map I found seems to show? Any other tips for this?

I'm sure there must be info somewhere on this site about this, and I'm just not very good at finding the right search terms. Anyway, I'm interested in any beta on bushwhacking the eastern flank of Owl's head.

I've found a map that shows this bushwhack heading basically due east off the summit, and staying just north (presumably up out of the drainage) of the central of the 3 water courses that the AMC map shows on the east side of Owl's Head. For those that have done it, is there actually a fairly obvious trail at this point, or is it still a full on old school bushwhack? Does it actually start descending due east directly from the summit as the map I found seems to show? Any other tips for this?
I have seen trip reports of that route over the years, there is a large old sign down there as well. There are plenty of old logging roads tht criss cross the slopes. If you know Steve Smith who owns the Mountain Waunderer book store in Lincoln he would probably know, he specializes in routes off the beaten track.