Owl's Head this weekend!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
A group of us are planning on doing Owl's Head this weekend. If you're interested, send me a PM and let me know! This is one of those trips where the more people you've got doing it, the more fun it is (plus the trail breaking will be easier)! ;) :D

PM'd you.

May your pace be slightly quicker than mine ;)

Interesting, I'm trying to gather a group to do the same thing on March 10! If you go this weekend (I can't), thanks for opening it and I hope your tracks will still be there the weekend after. If you decide to postpone it, we could join both groups on March 10.

In any case, I'll follow this thread with care ;)

Hopefully, I'll be in Baxter next weekend so, there's no putting this one off. This weekend is the weekend for it and this is the only Winter 48 peak that we all need. We're going for it with gusto!! :D

This just in, Loon is reporting a snowfall total of 8" for today. That ain't bad!

Last edited:
Do anybody know if DoubleBow and his team made it to the summit? I tried to PM him, without luck. I read somewhere on this board that Black Pond's bushwack route is now open, that's all I know. We're gonna climb the Owl this Saturday, that's why I want to ask :) .

Thanks.

Yes,
Double Bow and Group did make it to the summit.
The Group did the Black Pond Bushwhack. It should still be fairly well broken out unless we get another 4-5 inches of snow.
WSC