Parazz website closing-new options?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google's Picasa Web Albums

I'm happy with Google's Picase Web Albums.

"With Picasa Web Albums, you get 250MB of free storage--enough to post and share approximately 1,000 photos for free. But it's so easy to put your photos online that you just might want more storage. Starting at $25 a year, you can upgrade to an additional 6GB of space (25,000 photos' worth)."

Here is a link to my pictures if you'd like to check out Picasa.

Oneste

onestep-

I like that site, and your pictures. Looks like you've been on it for awhile - I like the speed of the slideshows, and the simplicity - plus the pictures are formatted to fit my screen better than I generally see.

PeterM

Can you tell I like Picasa?

"Fans of Picasa Web Albums, rejoice! You've now got four times the free storage space at your disposal, plus a couple nifty new features.

Originally limited to 250MB, Picasa Web Albums now offers 1GB of <free> storage--enough to hold 4,000 standard-resolution photos, Google says. The service has also added links for individual albums and photos, making them easier to share via e-mail or IM. Finally, there's a new Community Search feature that lets you share and search public albums."

Disclaimer - I have no interest in Google or Picasa other than I use them.

Onestep

I tried Picasa and I and others had trouble viewing linked photos here unless you had a "gmail" account, or some such.
Anyway I went with "Phanfare" and have been slowing rebuilding my hiking albums there.
Check out the link below, muzak and everthing ! Phanfare is not free, 1st month is to try it and annual fee is about $50.

We currently use pbase (which is a pay site) and like it. I also like the setup of Phanfare. Much easier to look the albums people have posted there rather than some of the other sites I've seen.

I've got a few things on Webshots, but I'm not a fan of the site - especially for viewing (the forward arrow is not always on the view frame, etc.). I've been thinking I should look around (and I think there was a previous thread about posting sites -- I just found it but it is somewhat dated now).

Picasa looks decent. Onestep - nice pix of those I viewed - Men of Winter!! Nice outing but do I really need to do Maine? :confused:

Tut - post some pix when you get settled. :cool:

...another vote for photobucket. I have my own photography website. I use photobucket to host photos for posting here. I used to use webshots, but when I joined Nature Photographer's Network, at the behest of w7xman, I found that images hosted on webshots wouldn't work.

Anyway, for hosting hiking pictures for posting on threads, photobucket is straightforward and free.

Happy Trails :)

bubba said:
I've got a few things on Webshots, but I'm not a fan of the site - especially for viewing (the forward arrow is not always on the view frame, etc.). I've been thinking I should look around (and I think there was a previous thread about posting sites -- I just found it but it is somewhat dated now).

Picasa looks decent. Onestep - nice pix of those I viewed - Men of Winter!! Nice outing but do I really need to do Maine? :confused:

Since i started this thread, i decided to move back to webshots. I took a look at the site again, and it seems a lot better than it was about a year ago, so i moved most of my parazz pics over. No new pics in the last 6 months or so though, i have only gone on one real hike, been skiing the rest of the time. I will head back out sometime soon.... when it is warmer. Definitely have to go hike and ski Tuck's this year.

bubba said:

you've not done Maine :confused:
bubba you have to do Maine! Wildest state east of the Big Muddy IMHO :cool:
but to keep this on thread, webshots is ok, though I find it a pain that if you want your photo comments to display in the slideshow you must put them in the photo title and then I think if the comments are lengthy they are cutoff with "..."
But free is good.

any easy way to transfer the pictures from Webshots to one of the above mentioned photo sites? Or do I have to dig out all my pictures on CDs packed in some box somewhere . . . BLAH . . .
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Seema

Another vote for Photobucket - straightforward and great for hotlinking into forums.

I really like Phanfare. I switched from webshots a few months back and the uploading is very fast. It is relatively cheap for a year subscription and the pics really look nice. It looks like a lot of people have been switching to Phanfare lately. You can check out the format of it if you click on the link for my photopage.

grouseking

flickr

nobody's mentioned flickr (www.flickr.com) yet -- I switched to them after trying pbase (nice site but clunky to do certain things & not much support) and photobucket (lame, IMHO, unless you're just hosting pictures for ebay).

I find it has a wide diversity of useability options (can't think of a simpler term), if you are a beginner it's easy to use, and if you are into crazy things like automated submission of photos via their API, you can do that too.

Latest posts