Patriot's Day Hike! -- 4/17/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone out there might be interested in taking advantage of having next Monday off and wants to get in a bonus trail day. I'm fairly open to suggestions of what to do but I was thinking of either Lincoln & Lafayette, the Hancocks, or Moosilauke. I could be talked into almost anything though. Wanna do a Franconia Ridge traverse? Great! Vose Spur? Sure! Pack Monadnock? Why not?

If any of these ideas sound good to you or if you've got a different idea, let me know. We'll work something out!

DB

Double Bow said:
UPDATE: The plan is to do the Kinsmans via Fishin' Jimmy on Saturday. Monday is still totally up in the air. If you're interested in hiking either day, let me know either here or by PM. Thanks! :)

I have to work Saturday but may be up there on Monday with my son Tom (Clown at this forum), not sure yet. I'd be interested to hear your plans for that day. Tom needs many of the NH 48 though not the Kinsmans or anything on the Franconia ridge, except Laffayette. As for me, I'm open to any suggestions as long as it's not Cannon or Carrigain as I did both within the last month.

Chas.

Patriot's Day Hike! (??)

Double Bow,

Have you firmed up your plans for a Monday hike? If your plans are still open, I may have a good suggestion for a hike that is on my list of things to do, Nancy.

I'm also looking for some hiking company for Monday, Nancy would be a good hike, and the current forecasted weather looks good.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Earl

Double Bow said:
Chas. I've PMed you regarding possible options for Monday. Send me a private message back with your thoughts. Thanks!

Hi, got your message and replied, thanks. It looks like I'll be heading up later in the day to do an overnight hike so I'm going to pass on the Monday day hike. I'm working Sunday til midnight so I wouldn't have been able to make an early start time.

Chas.

Well, it looks like the plan is now to do Nancy on Monday. Sounds mighty good to me. I've never been up there. Been to the pond but never climbed it.

So, anyone else want to join BIGEarl and I? It should be an awesome hike and ya' couldn't ask for more spirited company! :D