Peak above the Nubble: Saturday July 16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
Anyone interested? If so let me know. I'll check in probably Monday night.

Edit: meet at 7:00 AM at the Gale River Forest Rd. (at the highway). See Mohamed's directions on his site for this road. But don't drive down the road, just wait where it leaves the highway.

If there's interest we'll do it. .

Last edited:
To clarify: the Gale River forest road leaves the west bound side of Rte 3, then goes slightly east of south where it turns sharply right. Then it passes the Gale River trailhead and heads back up to Rte. 3 (in a more or less north west direction). Thus it makes a loop with Rte 3. See Mohamed's site for excellent directions. See alsp the AMC Pemi map.

We will meet at the East end of this road at Rte 3. I have a small blue Chevrolet rental. If you go slow you will spot my car. Meeting time is 7 AM sharp.

I will be out of internet contact from now till then so I'll take it on faith that someone will show up. Hurricane Dennis downpour or other similar disaster cancels. Just a little rain is OK. Just show up. If I don't show up and you do (if for example we have a different sense of what "similar disaster" means), sorry.

We hike slightly faster than book time. Bring map and compass. (the right map!)

Regards

Meeting place and time unchanged.

But after a long conversation with Audrey yesterday, we may move the starting point to Haystack Rd. (the one that leads to the north Twin Trail).

We'll talk when we meet.

See you there.