Pemi traverse -- next nice weather day. Any takers?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirabela

Reaction score
Pemi traverse -- tomrrow, Saturday 8/1. Any takers?

OK, I'm headed out tomorrow, Saturday 8/1, from Lincoln Woods at 5 AM.

My basic plan is to leave Lincoln Woods at 5 and return by dark if at all possible, taking a counter-clockwise direction. I would like to do the West Bond spur. I will skip the Galehead summit. If everything is feeling great I might want to go out to North Twin, but we'll see.

Me: not super fast, but reasonably fit & with good endurance. Veteran of many 20+ mile days and a few 30+, run 20+ miles a week. Decent company although prone to dig in and get real quiet late in a long day.

I'm not able to be online reliably, so if you want to join up, just look for me there at 5. I drive a silver Tacoma with a green camper shell.

Any takers?

Last edited:
OK, this is it. I'm loading up my tummy with taters and pasta today ... I baked a big batch of homemade Energy Blobs ... I took three days off from running after ten miles of hills on Tuesday ... and I think I'm good to go.

I should not have submitted to that tetanus booster yesterday; my arm hurts like heck and I was plagued by crazy dreams last night when I was able to sleep at all. For instance, a midget was trying to murder Liberace with a poisoned hoagie; also, a new employee at the water park hung himself by his necktie when he found out he'd have to ride the walrus in the pool show. I hope tonight brings better rest.

I hope to see some of you out on the trails tomorrow.

Matt

Latest posts