Personality Profile

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinovampire

Reaction score
The two ongoing "know you're a peakbagger" threads got me thinking that there may be some inherent personality differences between those who are peakerbaggers and those who aren't peakbaggers. It got me thinking that people here on VFTT might be interested in an online Jung Typology Test and sharing them with other members. It may be entertaining and somewhat informative to learn about the personality profiles of others on this forum.

The test has just 72, quick yes/no questions. After completing the questionnaire, you obtain (a) your type, based on the Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology and (b) detailed description of that type.

According to this test, my personality type is ENFJ .

Extraverted - 89%
Intuitive - 38%
Feeling - 25%
Judging - 50%

This type is described as the "Idealist Portrait of the Teacher." These test results make sense to me, because for the past 10+ years I have worked at a college and have been involved with social research and instruction. Also, it makes sense that I really enjoy the social aspects of hiking and backpacking, like meeting new people and making connections.

Again, I hope this is a fun and useful tool.

- Tommy/vinovampire!

The problem with taking online tests for MBTI theories is that they aren't accurate. Partially because people tend to answer them with answers that society says they should choose, rather than their own tendencies....and partially because a lot of this stuff can't really be measured accurately by a test.

It's better to just study each individual cognitive process (what is intro feeling? what is extro feeling? what is judging, what is perceiving? etc etc) and then learn to recognize them in other people and then you can type them yourself.

Also, type is only an indication of mental preference. That's it. Any type could be a peakbagger or not, since type doesn't dictate much about what your hobbies are. It's just just how you go about making decisions, or not, and how you prefer to act or react in situations.

Totally not a peakbagger,
Unstrung

This is interesting:

Intuitive 38 1stX ...... 38 2ndX ........I consider myself highly intuitive

Feeling 38 1stX ..... 38 2ndX........Anyone know the scale? 1-50 or 1-100

Introvert 22 1stX ..... 22 2ndX........Not many would call me an introvert.

Perceiving 44 1stX ...... 22 2ndX........Isn't that interesting? I wonder what it means?

Call the guys with the white jackets!

Last edited:
Just like any other survey- one has to be very honest when they take it. I took my first many years ago. Just for fun about two years ago i retook the test. I bet overall some of my answers may have changes -- but the ratio
Of my answers didn't-- same type!

When Meyer Briggs personality types came up at a recent party we had -- everyone was in agreement that people fit thier types -- although some wished they had a different letter here or there!

I personally think the Meyer Briggs system has some value .

Take the test, Unstrung! You may be surprised ;-). Or you may find you are exactly as you know yourself to be.

:)

The problem with taking online tests for MBTI theories is that they aren't accurate. Partially because people tend to answer them with answers that society says they should choose, rather than their own tendencies....and partially because a lot of this stuff can't really be measured accurately by a test.

It's better to just study each individual cognitive process (what is intro feeling? what is extro feeling? what is judging, what is perceiving? etc etc) and then learn to recognize them in other people and then you can type them yourself.

Also, type is only an indication of mental preference. That's it. Any type could be a peakbagger or not, since type doesn't dictate much about what your hobbies are. It's just just how you go about making decisions, or not, and how you prefer to act or react in situations.

Totally not a peakbagger,
Unstrung

Last edited:
I scored a INTP

Introverted 33%
Intuitive 12%
Thinking 25%
Perceiving 11%

famous people like me
Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
U.S. Presidents:
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford
William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin
Tom Foley (1989-1995: Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods
Fictional INTPs
Sherlock Holmes
Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

ISJT

Introverted 78
Sensing 50
Thinking 88
Judging 33

Guardian Inspector

Peter_Sellers.jpg

ISTJ here. :cool:

A few years ago at work we did the Myers-Briggs evaluation. Pretty much agree with my "result" except think the J should be a P since I dislike structure and routine, preferring a more flexible and spontaneous approach to life. Hmm... maybe should retake the quiz...

Perhaps of interest, my husband is a Myers-Briggs pro (really!). :)

I always struggle with these tests, because I honestly have two completely different personalities. I could answer several of these questions as YES or NO, depending on a work vs. social setting.

For work, I am the center and love the action, I'm emotional, and need to be in control. I can be a prick at times. Socially, I am completely opposite. I hate to be in control, I'm a follower, I'm laid back, and thrive on being on the peripheral. I tell my friends stories of work, and they cannot picture me like that.

Knowing that, I answered best I could and, of course the results were all "moderately". I'm an ISFP.

the test said:
12.You believe the best decision is one that can be easily changed
YES NO

13.Objective criticism is always useful in any activity
YES NO

Did anyone answer Yes to either of these ? If so, well, ;) you must be single.

I'm right on the fence between INTP and INFP. :)

Good points Una. I've actually been studying personality theories for about 15 years. :) I just really don't like the tests because they are not accurate in my opinion. People take them and score as a type, when it is very visible to me that they are another type. Anyway, if anyone wants to come for a hike with me, I can probably help type you by the end of it. :D (Maine - Camden Hills on Saturday!)

Also, type is supposed to be a description of mental preference, not a guideline as to how you are supposed to act. I can't help but want to drive nails into my eyes when people take the test and then somehow try to use it as anything other than an after-the-fact description. The online tests just seem to be breeding grounds for misunderstanding. It's such a cool/fascinating system of theories (and one that I use every day, literally) and it makes me shed a giant salty tear when either its forest or its trees go unseen.

Anyway... it's all good. Carry on! :)

ENTP... the Inventor.

http://typelogic.com/entp.html

This profile is surprisingly accurate.

I would consider myself a non-peak bagger for the most part. I don't even know what number I'm on in any of the lists. :eek:

Last edited:
Haven't taken it here yet, but last time I did, for a grad class I was taking, I was INFJ, too, like Sabrina. I felt at the time it described me well. I'm guessing there may be minor changes, but it'll be interesting to see if I'm right.

Unstrung Harp: I'll be missing you by a day. I'll be heading up Bald Rock Mt. and possibly another of the Camden Hills on Sunday :).

The managers at work took a simplified version of this test many years ago, when we scored ourselves as RED (goal-oriented), BLUE (people-oriented), or GREEN (task-oriented).

I'm green, a list-lover and peakbagger, and proud of it! I guess reds don't necessarily want to climb the peak, they wanted to have climbed the peak so they can go on to the next goal.

I thought the test was very useful because it helped me understand why my peers behaved the way they did!

What I see missing from the discussion on bagger vs. non is an answer to DaveSunRa's Excellent question that he posted in the "NOT" thread:

I think people have different definitions for what the word "peakbagger" means.

What are the defining characteristics of these bagger-beings? Can they be spotted from a distance? And most importantly...

IS IT SAFE?

I could see these as being dangerous in the hands of someone with am identity crisis!!! LOL!

Unstrung-- in certain settings people behave in a way that they may feel appropriate to the situation, but not authentically -- so a person may take the test and answer honestly -- but thier public outward persona may be in conflict with thier real personality because you are seeing thier "public" not private side? whereas close friends and family members may totally agree with the test outcome? Just thinkin' out loud -- very interesting topic, IMHO.

I was introduced to these tests during a type of corporate team building event (anybody remember those?!) -- they were fun to take ;-)...but I wonder if corporate team building is just another term for brain washing??

Good points Una. I've actually been studying personality theories for about 15 years. :) I just really don't like the tests because they are not accurate in my opinion. People take them and score as a type, when it is very visible to me that they are another type. Anyway, if anyone wants to come for a hike with me, I can probably help type you by the end of it. :D (Maine - Camden Hills on Saturday!)

Also, type is supposed to be a description of mental preference, not a guideline as to how you are supposed to act. I can't help but want to drive nails into my eyes when people take the test and then somehow try to use it as anything other than an after-the-fact description. The online tests just seem to be breeding grounds for misunderstanding. It's such a cool/fascinating system of theories (and one that I use every day, literally) and it makes me shed a giant salty tear when either its forest or its trees go unseen.

Anyway... it's all good. Carry on! :)

Last edited:
Hah Una! Actually my type dictates that anything involving the word "corporate" also involves brainwashing, so I think you are on to something there. ;) And yes, I think that's very commonly what happens - most people have what you are referring to as a public side and a private side. Plus a person can be an introverted sensor and and extroverted feeling all at once, or an extroverted intuitive and an introverted thinker all at once. Etc. It's just really hard for a test that asks questions in an isolated manner to come up with answers reflecting an intricate/interactive system. I agree, it's wicked interesting.

Gaia, shucks! Too bad. I'll be trail running all over Bradbury Mountain State Park on all afternoon on Sunday. That is, if I don't get shot on Saturday. Hope you will post some pics from Bald, I haven't been up there in several years and barely remember what it looks like. I think we'll be at Ragged.

Last edited: