picture of a huge bull moose

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Yesterday, on the Rocky Branch Trail, a few miles in from Rt 16, I saw a bull moose who left the scene upon seeing me. I followed him for a bit until he met up with another bull, who was less scittish. The first one never let me get too close, but the other one slowly walked and stopped and walked again. I followed them for a couple miles until I finally got an unobstructed shot at the bigger one. He was making those cool grunting noises. :cool:

big bull

Happy Trails :)

THAT is an awesome photograph!! Very healthy appearing bull--I've never seen one that big before. :eek: And what a beautiful rack!

What a great shot!!
Whenever I do see a moose--never any that spectacular-I don't have my camera. With my luck,if I did have a camera, I would probably have the flash on and the creature would charge!!

What a great shot! That is absolutely beautiful.

I was on Rocky Branch climbing up Engine hill on Saturday morning and we saw him too! We were about 25 feet away when he ambled away. Great picture! Nice to see the old fella again.

Wow tracking bull moose during the rut? You must feel like a war photojournalist.

Great shot. Very impressive.

WOW! That is just SPECTACULAR! Great to have the photoskills to get the shot when the op arises! WELL DONE!!!!

I gotta leave the dog at home once in a while, maybe then I'll get a chance like this...

ROCKYSUMMIT said:
Great shot Forestnome! Still using that IS lens?

Yes, the 75-300mm IS, but it's only on 75mm and I had to back up a bit to fit him into the frame. The IS is priceless!!! ISO400, f/4.0.

Waumbeck, nice pic of the 11-point bull! Is he in that bog along the Wild River Rd? Classic image!

Thanks for comments, everyone.

Happy Trails :)