Pillsbury parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
want to do this mtn this thursday but I do not have a four wheel drive anymore. I drive a Prius with little clearance so I do not want to drive that road into the parking area. Is there still a place to park at the mouth of that bad road. I think it is called sled harbor orsomething like that.

I was able to get my Hyundai Elantra up to the parking area (with 3 people in it) without any heroics on Memorial Day weekend (2008). The road may have degraded since then.

I always park at Sled Harbor. It is a old sand pit right before the road goes up and turns right toward the trailhead. It's a nice walk in, unless the road is wet/muddy.

Any car can make it all the way to the trailhead. I've seen Honda Civics make it just fine, and I would have no qualms about driving my Oldsmobile up the road. There is one rock that you have to watch out for, about halfway between Sled Harbor and the trailhead- it's easy enough to drive around it. Just go slow and you'll be fine, the road is in excellent shape. The DEC has put a fair amount of money and effort into fixing the road up over the past few years.