Plateau Access Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodles

Reaction score
Just wondering, is there parking and access to Plateau Mountain from Mink Hollow Road on the Platt Clove Road side?????

Thanks

On a related note, does anyone know roughly what the road mileage is from the Mink Hollow Trail back to the Prediger lot. It looks to be a couple of miles. Looking at doing a late April trip on the DP from Prediger & back down Mink Hollow.

Thanks,

I don't know the actual mileage, but it's not too long. It's certainly bikeable. I've done that section via a bike spot, although I think I did it from Elka Park Road, but the end of mink hollow is not too much further...

Jay

Mike P. said:
On a related note, does anyone know roughly what the road mileage is from the Mink Hollow Trail back to the Prediger lot. It looks to be a couple of miles. Looking at doing a late April trip on the DP from Prediger & back down Mink Hollow.

Thanks,

I once walked from the Prediger Rd TH back to the Roaring Kill TH on Elka Park Rd after climbing Twin. I think it's closer to 2 and 1/2 miles, maybe even three. Not bad as far as road walks go, though. It's nice to have a long slow look over at the peaks as you walk along Platte Clove Rd. You also cross the infant Schoharie Creek on Dale Lane. I actually did that road walk in socks, now that I think of it.

Now if you're talking about from Prediger to the Mink Hollow Rd. dead end, I'd say that's easily another 2 and 1/2 to 3 miles further than the Roaring Kill TH. So it would be about 5 to 6 miles total from Prediger. Too rich for my blood. No need to use that access to Mink Hollow in April, though, unless you wanted to. The Mink Hollow Rd. dead end access comes in handy more when there's snow on Elka Park Rd.

Matt