QR Codes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
Perhaps I don't get out to the right places, but when we were out roaming around Dog Town in Gloucester, MA yesterday we noticed a lot of QR Codes (at least that's what I think they are called. None of our group "tested" them out, but I'm guessing that Dog Town has entered a new level of making it easy for people to find the many Babson Boulders that are sprinkled throughout the conservation area. When I think of how we had to struggle to find them, just a few short years ago...seems they've taken all the fun out of it.

Attachments

• QR Code Rockport Rock.jpg
    QR Code Rockport Rock.jpg
    111.4 KB
  • QR Code Example.jpg
    QR Code Example.jpg
    95.8 KB
On my Android phone, using an app called Scanlife, the QR code takes me to the Gloucester, MA official website that Tom posted. However, the first time, I had to click on the "full website" link at the bottom to see the maps, otherwise they didn't show up, just the names. Must have been a glitch because I tried it a couple of more times and they did show up right away. It also works with ShopSavvy, another Android app. Both are free. I scanned the QR right off my computer screen.

Last edited:
Many groups responsible for maintaining recreational resources are adding QR codes to trailhead kiosks and the like. The hope is that folks who make the connection that these places are available because of the continued existence of said organizations will more easily be able to contribute to support their work.

Many groups responsible for maintaining recreational resources are adding QR codes to trailhead kiosks and the like. The hope is that folks who make the connection that these places are available because of the continued existence of said organizations will more easily be able to contribute to support their work.

Also now you may see more ads for fish sticks, rainware, and fishing boots. :)