Red Fox......help please!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ADAM12

Reaction score
I have been keeping a close eye on a den near my house and when I walk in the morning before work I usually see around 3 kits playing outside their den. (their den is in a corn field) Today I saw an adult red fox killed by the road side not to far from the den and I am pretty sure this was mom. From the size of the kits I am guessing they are a few months old.

So my question is.......what will happen to the kits if this was their mom? Are they going to die or will they make it on their own or will dad step up to the plate? I did FIND this link and it sounds like dad brings the food back while mom takes care of them.

I really hope they make it!

Adam

You could contact Tufts New England Veterinary Hospital in No Grafton MA. They have a building just for wildlife and could advise you.
The main number is 508 839 5395

Not sure what will happen if that was in fact mom. If the kits would in fact benefit from any human help, I imagine it would have to come from a trained wildlife rehabilitator to be of any benefit. Perhaps contact the appropriate local agency (the PA equivalent of DEC, whatever that may be) and see if they can report it to an animal rehab person.

Matt