Replacement ski/trekking pole baskets

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillwalker

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After losing my trekking poles on my last trip overseas I needed to buy another pair. I don't hike with them often, preferring to carry them in pockets on my pack. However, my Tarptent needs them to hold it up, For economy's sake I got a pair of the "flicklock" poles from "Mallwart" and promptly lost one of the baskets on an overnight. After trying for quire some time to find replacement baskets I located ones that fit at the Ski shop in Andover, ME. "Ackers"

They are large powder baskets suitable for use with snowshoes, and can be cut down to the smaller trekking size. I bought two pair for just that purpose.

The brand name is "Whitewood" and are screw-on baskets.

I hope that this information is useful for owners of the aforementioned trekking poles who have lost a basket, or two.

Of course my favourite take on the use of trekking poles is based upon this Scottish comment on their use from 1996 when they first started becoming fashionable upon the hills.

http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tac/tac29/jaccuse.htm

TW

After losing my trekking poles on my last trip overseas I needed to buy another pair. I don't hike with them often, preferring to carry them in pockets on my pack. However, my Tarptent needs them to hold it up, For economy's sake I got a pair of the "flicklock" poles from "Mallwart" and promptly lost one of the baskets on an overnight. After trying for quire some time to find replacement baskets I located ones that fit at the Ski shop in Andover, ME. "Ackers"

They are large powder baskets suitable for use with snowshoes, and can be cut down to the smaller trekking size. I bought two pair for just that purpose.

The brand name is "Whitewood" and are screw-on baskets.

I hope that this information is useful for owners of the aforementioned trekking poles who have lost a basket, or two.

Of course my favourite take on the use of trekking poles is based upon this Scottish comment on their use from 1996 when they first started becoming fashionable upon the hills.

http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tac/tac29/jaccuse.htm

TW

The thread sizes are similar on all the brands. EMS carries replacements. Take your poles into the store with you so you can try them. I lost a few myself. Now I tie them on.

Bayonet

The thread sizes are similar on all the brands. EMS carries replacements. Take your poles into the store with you so you can try them. I lost a few myself. Now I tie them on.

A number of the replacements were twist lock, or bayonet tab attachments. All the ones at EMS that I saw were of that type. Of course most of the places I looked were ski shops.