Rosebrook Range Ramble 8/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarossa

Reaction score
The Rosebrook Range, pictured in the foreground here
consists Mt Oscar, Mt Rosebrook, Mt Stickney, Mt Echo, and some other bump at 3085'. The Ramble will start at the Zealand trailhead, cross the river, then bushwhack up to 3085. This initial phase will rely heavily (cheat) on snowmobile trails. The ridge is trailless, but is bounded by the Bretton Woods ski area near Mt Rosebrook. Mt Oscar has a ledgy summit, alledgedly with fine views. I would like to do a car spot, possibly at the Mt Hale trailhead, to shorten any roadwalk.

I'll set a start time based upon response. I like an early start, so if I solo, I'll camp on 3085 the night before.

Barbarossa said:
The Rosebrook Range, pictured in the foreground here
consists Mt Oscar, Mt Rosebrook, Mt Stickney, Mt Echo, and some other bump at 3085'. The Ramble will start at the Zealand trailhead, cross the river, then bushwhack up to 3085. This initial phase will rely heavily (cheat) on snowmobile trails. The ridge is trailless, but is bounded by the Bretton Woods ski area near Mt Rosebrook. Mt Oscar has a ledgy summit, alledgedly with fine views. I would like to do a car spot, possibly at the Mt Hale trailhead, to shorten any roadwalk.

I'll set a start time based upon response. I like an early start, so if I solo, I'll camp on 3085 the night before.
What time do you want to start? what time should I be there by? I have to be somewhere on Aug 27, far away, but I might be able to make it back in time.

-Dr. Wu

would love to join but i can't. :(
have a great trip barb!

This should be a great trip!!

I am 99% sure that I'll be there and I'll even try to be there on time. I have a lot of driving to do Saturday AM, Saturday PM, parking Saturday PM/Sunday AM (not trivial in my area), and then driving Sunday AM that will make life a little crazy but I should be able to do it.

Jess is coming as well. So that makes three... any other VFTT'ers interested in this trip!?!??!

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
I'm just bumping this up. Hopefully one or two more people might join us!

-Dr. Wu