Sat Feb 3rd - Owl's Head for #47

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksnrolls

Reaction score
Phillipston, MA - Avatar: bushwacking off the top
Originally this hike had been planned for the Saturday before Xmas, but with the forcast calling for cold rain all day, we all decided to cancel.

We'll be heading in via the Black Pond bushwhack, maybe back out that way too, or maybe the fisherman's whack or the actual trail if conditions warrent.

All experienced hikers are welcome to join us. The max party size will be 10 as this is a wilderness area. So far it's me and Mtn Magic.

If this works out, I hope to get up #48, Carrigain, in a week or two after that.

Owl's Head hold out

I've been eyeing it. Sort of holding out to see what the weather brought before committing knowing what a long day this is. Any details as to how early the start would be?

Nice to be here

bubba said:
Hey, who's this Early Bird? A fog walker??

Nice to see a new face. :D Great avatar.
Hi Bubba,
Thanks for the greeting. I can be a fog walker, or a snow walker, or a sunny day, or rain, or heatwave walker. It's just good to get out, no? :)
See ya someday on the trails,
Early Bird

Last edited:
Hey, let me chime in as well with congrats in advance!

Now Bubba, about this weather you're sending ... summit temps of -10F with winds of 70-90mph? Good thing Owl's Head is in the trees or sheltered almost the entire way!

Ron, your almost there!! May it be a fantastic hike for you and your hiking partners!!! I hear Owls Head is a toughy but surely you can lick it!! :)

Good luck!

MichaelJ said:
Now Bubba, about this weather you're sending ... summit temps of -10F with winds of 70-90mph? Good thing Owl's Head is in the trees or sheltered almost the entire way!
:eek: NO, no!! I sent over nice mild winter weather - about 20 degrees and sun!!

(What the heck ever happened to the degree key??) :confused: